Since the first online casino site appeared back in the UK in 1998, the rise of online betting has been continuous and huge in size. Nowadays there are hundreds of sites almost all of whom will offer a full casino experience from home, including blackjack of course. With the spread of the internet in homes over the past 20 years, came the growth of online casinos and blackjack sites.
- Advantages vs Disadvantages
- Is Online Blackjack Fair?
- Is Strategy The Same Online?
- The Online Bottom Line
Online sites made the casino experience more accessible and provided ample opportunities for those that ran them. What is more, it has allowed for greater innovation, not least because of the lack of space constraints on the World Wide Web. The Gambling Act of 2005 has helped online sites grow further in the UK over the past 15 years. It allowed companies to advertise their products, and offered security for online gamblers. Currently there has never been a greater chance for casual and serious players alike to find the best online blackjack experience.
In this section we will examine how to play blackjack in specifically online casinos, and look at how the process works. You will learn how to get started, the variety of games available, and how to assess which table to choose. We will explain the value of online casino offers and promotions, how live games operate and a lot more besides. We will also run through how the online experience differs from that of a land-based casino, as part of our online blackjack strategy guide.
ADVANTAGES vs DISADVANTAGES
There are pros and cons to playing blackjack online, as opposed to in a physical casino. Whilst the basics of the game will remain the same, there will be subtle differences in the experience and perhaps the rules too that online players must familiarise themselves with. Let us take a look at some of the key arguments in our online blackjack strategy guide.
- In many cases, online casinos have more attractive rules for players compared to land-based casinos. Players should always check the rules before gambling at any establishment.
- Online casinos are far more competitive for players compared to offline casinos. There is always a fierce battle for custom, and this is great news for blackjack players searching for the best online blackjack, as competition means better welcome offers, promotions and general terms.
- The convenience. You can play blackjack whenever you want, 24/7, from your own home. It is an experience tailored entirely to your needs.
- And if you can play 24/7 blackjack, that means there will almost certainly also be a 24-hour customer service available on any particular site you choose to use.
- No other players to cramp your style! Many players simply do not like the experience of sharing tables with other players, be it blackjack, roulette or other casino games. That does not have to be a problem when you play online on the best blackjack sites.
- Access to online guides and charts to help you make the right call on every hand. In fact, this online blackjack strategy guide allows you the time when playing on sites to locate the best play for any hand.
- Many UK casino sites are located abroad, usually for tax purposes. This could make resolving disputes more difficult as there is no local agency to assist players.
- Profit won in a physical casino is yours to take home immediately. But withdrawals of money from online sites can take days to reach your account. There may also be hoops to jump through before the money is sent, such as periodic requests to verify your identity. Check terms for the best online blackjack sites.
- Offers that look appealing on the surface are not always what they seem. Many offers come with caveats, such as maximum wins and wagering requirements. Always fully check the terms and conditions of an offer before proceeding.
- Online casinos lack the atmosphere, ambience and personal touch of a land-based casino. Players do not get the real casino experience. However, many of the best online blackjack sites will have live dealer games that allow players to get closer to the real experience.
- The convenience of playing online can be dangerous, as many players may become addicted to blackjack and other games, increasing the opportunities for losing significant amounts of money.
As you can see, there are advantages and disadvantages to both playing online blackjack and playing in a land-based casino. Essentially it is down to personal preference as to which is best, and on which strategies you employ when playing.
IS ONLINE BLACKJACK FAIR?
A primary concern for anyone playing blackjack online for the first time, or perhaps every time, is whether the site is safe to use, and fair to use also.
Whilst the early days of the internet saw plenty of abuse of online sites, they have never been safer than right now. All casino sites have sophisticated protection and anti-hacking software and are closely monitored and audited on a regular basis by the gaming authorities. Most gambling sites are perfectly fair to play on. Sites use random number generator (RNG) software to determine the outcome of games and to ensure the dealing of cards is random. This software is tested regularly by casinos. These sites also have to meet industry standards to continue to operate, and users can check reviews and ratings that are widely available online for further reassurance to source the best online blackjack.
With such fierce competition in online gambling, the reputation of casinos is paramount in continuing to attract players, so it is in their interest to offer the best online blackjack experience possible, in order for players to return and to attract new customers. Licensing regulations for the UK and the EU are some of the strictest in the world, so any casino accredited under such jurisdiction can be trusted. If players have doubts about a site, they should check the site is fully licensed and regulated before depositing funds.
One of the main regulators in the UK is eCOGRA, a London-based internationally approved testing agency and player protection and standards organisation. This company was established in 2003 and introduced the first self-regulation programme to the online gambling industry. Games are regularly tested, verification is sought on pay-out percentages, and protection layers for players checked.
Most gambling sites use software that was developed by a third party. Using them is simple, and requires only a computer or mobile phone and internet access. You register on their site, which essentially means setting up an account with the casino. Then you will be asked to deposit funds to play the games with, and after that you should be free to start playing.
Anyone joining the best blackjack sites can set deposit limits to ensure they do not spend what they cannot afford. Usually, joining will also mean qualifying for a welcome offer. Most sites allow you to play via a browser, and do not require the download of additional software.
IS STRATEGY THE SAME ONLINE?
Whilst the basic rules of blackjack will be the same wherever you play it, the specific rules will vary as they might in a selection of land-based casinos. There are also certain elements of the basic strategy that may have to be adapted. Let us look at the key points:
- Employ the basic strategy for the rules of the table at which you play, just as you would in a physical casino.
Blackjack players should be able to utilise most of the strategies laid out in our guide whether playing online or in a land-based casino, and develop an online blackjack strategy.
THE ONLINE BOTTOM LINE
Many often ask, “are online blackjack games fair”? Playing blackjack online is overwhelmingly a safe and fair experience. Always research to find the best blackjack sites, ensure they are licensed and regularly audited. Blackjack offers convenience, choice, a plethora of offers and a 24/7 experience, but expect delays in receiving money and be aware of table rules before implementing the basic strategy. Those looking to get close to the real blackjack experience should play with live dealers.